Faith

Many of us pause at the end of a year, to reflect on goals and resolutions that we want to accomplish in the new year. Some common resolutions are new jobs,new home,increase in faith etc.. With the start of this new year, I have been examining some of my struggles and working on them bit by bit. I have felt new determination to succeed in my struggles and I encourage you to do the same. It feels good! If you read the title to this post, you know the topic is Faith. Dictionary.com states that Faith is the belief in a person or something. As a christian my faith in God is an important part of who I am and it plays a part of how I live my life. Having faith is not always easy for me, but I think about the men of faith in the Bible and I am encouraged to grow in my faith. Noah in Genesis, was a righteous man who sought to do God's calling. The world was so evil and corrupt that God told Noah to build an ark because He would destroy mankind. Building something back then, let alone something massive as an ark, without the tools and technology of today, was indeed a huge undertaking. Noah had great faith as he did what God told him without any argument. Paul in the New Testament also was full of faith. Starting out as the man who killed the christians, he was greatly feared. Divine intervention from God, and he was transformed into Paul, a man who endured prison while encouraging other christian brothers and sisters. Being in chains, mistreated at times, and yet to have the faith to lean on God, shows that Paul was faithful!! Despite his circumstances he had faith in His God! Will you walk with me in increasing our faith this year and the years after?

Comments

Melaina Ferrell said…
LOVE this post Laura. Great job��

Popular posts from this blog

9-12-08

My audience

MY BIRTHDAY