"The Firsts"

Disclaimer this was written several weeks ago prior to a "First" for me and I was struggling. What "Firsts" come to your mind? The first time you got a car? The first time at a job?, How about the birth of your first child? Or your first time buying a home? While these are joyous occasions and should be celebrated, there some "firsts" that are not so positive. The first time you get fired, loss of a friend or family member, or what about the first holiday without a loved one? Ouch this one is tough. My family's first reunion without my Granny has caused me some anxiety and leaving some raw emotions under the surface. When a loss occurs you naturally are left with a hole that over time reduces.. It is natural and healthy to miss the deceased but don't let your world screech to a stop and be done. Keep living, following your Lord and loving those around you. If you have the assurance that your loved one is in heaven, that alone can encourage you in many ways. Your deceased one is not in pain, and I hope rejoicing at the feet of the Master. Grief is truly a hard journey but there were a few nuggets of truth spoken that helped me: 1 the loved one in my case, would not want you to be sad. 2 Just because they have gone on does not mean the family breaks apart. 3 Prayer is essential to keeping a family together (this is my belief) 4 do not ignore your emotions, grief is healthy and right. At my Granny's visitation my aunt said as I sobbed, those who grieve deep love much!! even in my state that comment really struck me as powerful!! I hope these comments might help anyone in your journey and if you need to vent or talk Let me know comment below and I can send you my contact info!! I would be honored to do anything I can for you..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-12-08

My audience

MY BIRTHDAY